Parassinikkadavu Snake Park
The Parassinkkadavu Snake Park is located in Anthoor Municipality about 16 kilometres (9.9 mi) from Kannur Corporation in the Kannur district of north Kerala, in south India. The Snake Park is in Parassinikkadavu, which is 2 kilometres (1.2 mi) from National Highway (NH) 17, en route from Kannur to Taliparamba.
The park houses a variety of snakes and other small animals, including the Spectacled cobra, King Cobra, Russell's viper, Krait and various pit vipers. There is also a large collection of non-venomous snakes including pythons. The park is dedicated to the preservation and conservation of snakes, many species of which are gradually becoming extinct. In a live show, trained personnel play and 'interact' with a variety of snakes, including cobras and vipers, and try to quell mythical fears and superstitions about snakes.
How To Reach
To travel from Kannur Airport to Parassinikkadavu Snake Park, you can consider the following transportation options:
- Distance: The distance between Kannur Airport and Parassinikkadavu Snake Park is approximately 19 kilometers.
- Taxi/Car: Hiring a taxi or taking a private car from Kannur Airport is the most convenient option. Taxis are readily available at the airport, and you can negotiate the fare or choose a taxi with pre-fixed rates. The journey takes around 30 minutes, depending on traffic conditions.
- Auto-rickshaw: Auto-rickshaws are also a common mode of transport in Kannur. You can hire an auto-rickshaw from the airport to reach Parassinikkadavu Snake Park. Make sure to negotiate the fare beforehand.
By Public Transport:
- Bus: You can take a bus from Kannur Airport to Kannur city centre. From there, you can find buses that travel to Parassinikkadavu or nearby areas. Inform the bus conductor about your destination, and they can guide you accordingly. The journey may involve a transfer or multiple buses, so it's best to inquire about the specific routes.
- Train: Kannur has a railway station, and you can take a train from Kannur to Parassinikkadavu Railway Station. From the railway station, you can hire an auto-rickshaw or walk to reach Parassinikkadavu Snake Park, which is approximately 2 kilometers away.
It's advisable to check the current schedules and availability of public transportation options, as they may vary. Additionally, consider the traffic conditions and plan your trip accordingly. Parassinikkadavu Snake Park is a popular attraction in Kannur, and local residents can provide you with further guidance on reaching the park from the airport.
Other DestinationsView All
Nestled in the Western Ghats, the peak Paithalmala is a wonderful destina...
Theyyam is a traditional ritualistic performance art form that originated...
Explore Asia's longest drive-in beach...
Discover the grandeur of Arakkal Museum...
Indulge in the authentic taste of Malabar...
St. Angelo Fort
Experience the triangular laterite fort...
A perfectly maintained destination in Kannur...
One of the most important European trading centers of Kerala....
Parassinikkadavu Snake Park
The park houses a variety of snakes and other small animals,...
Kavvayi Backwaters is the third largest backwater in Kerala...
Ezhimala Beach and Hill
The sea curves around three sides of the seven peaked Ezhimala hills....
Bekal fort was not an administrative centre and does not include any pala...
Ananthapura Lake Temple
The only lake temple in Kerala, is a picturesque temple erected in the mi...
Ooty of Kerala offers a rip-roaring trekking experience...
The stunning waterfall appears to be a sparkling stream of white pearls a...
Talakaveri, the place where river Kaveri originates is situated on a hil...