A perfectly maintained destination in Kannur. This secluded location is known for providing one with the opportunity to simply relax or enjoy a family picnic in absolute tranquility. Surfing and swimming options are also available for those who seek a little adventure. Being close to Kannur town has made it a favorite haunt for tourists and locals alike.
How To Reach
To travel from Kannur Airport to Payyambalam Beach, you can consider the following transportation options:
- Distance: The distance between Kannur Airport and Payyambalam Beach is approximately 27 kilometers.
- Taxi/Car: Hiring a taxi or taking a private car from Kannur Airport is the most convenient option. Taxis are readily available at the airport, and you can negotiate the fare or choose a taxi with pre-fixed rates. The journey takes around 45 minutes, depending on traffic conditions.
- Auto-rickshaw: Auto-rickshaws are a common mode of transport in Kannur. You can hire an auto-rickshaw from the airport to reach Payyambalam Beach. Make sure to negotiate the fare beforehand.
By Public Transport:
- Bus: You can take a bus from Kannur Airport to Kannur city centre. From there, you can find buses that go to Payyambalam Beach. This beach is a popular tourist spot, so local buses often have routes passing through or nearby.
- Train: Kannur has a railway station. From there, you can hire an auto-rickshaw or take a short bus ride to reach Payyambalam Beach.
It's advisable to check the current schedules and availability of public transportation options, as they may vary. Also, consider the traffic conditions and plan your trip accordingly. Payyambalam Beach is a well-known attraction in Kannur, and local residents can provide you with further guidance on reaching the beach from the airport.
Other DestinationsView All
Nestled in the Western Ghats, the peak Paithalmala is a wonderful destina...
Theyyam is a traditional ritualistic performance art form that originated...
Explore Asia's longest drive-in beach...
Discover the grandeur of Arakkal Museum...
Indulge in the authentic taste of Malabar...
St. Angelo Fort
Experience the triangular laterite fort...
A perfectly maintained destination in Kannur...
One of the most important European trading centers of Kerala....
Parassinikkadavu Snake Park
The park houses a variety of snakes and other small animals,...
Kavvayi Backwaters is the third largest backwater in Kerala...
Ezhimala Beach and Hill
The sea curves around three sides of the seven peaked Ezhimala hills....
Bekal fort was not an administrative centre and does not include any pala...
Ananthapura Lake Temple
The only lake temple in Kerala, is a picturesque temple erected in the mi...
Ooty of Kerala offers a rip-roaring trekking experience...
The stunning waterfall appears to be a sparkling stream of white pearls a...
Talakaveri, the place where river Kaveri originates is situated on a hil...