Ranipuram hill is an attractive destination located in the Kasaragod district. The region, once known as Madathumala, shares it borders with Karnataka. Dubbed as the "Ooty of Kerala", Ranipuram hills is renowned for its cool climate, deep woods and enthralling trekking trails.
How To Reach
To travel from Kannur Airport to Ranipuram, you can consider the following transportation options:
- Distance: The distance between Kannur Airport and Ranipuram is approximately 95 kilometers.
- Taxi/Car: Hiring a taxi or taking a private car from Kannur Airport is the most convenient option. Taxis are readily available at the airport, and you can negotiate the fare or choose a taxi with pre-fixed rates. The journey takes around 2.5 to 3 hours, depending on traffic conditions and the route taken.
- Auto-rickshaw: Auto-rickshaws are available in Kannur. However, considering the longer distance, it may not be the most practical option for traveling to Ranipuram. It's better to opt for a taxi or private car.
By Public Transport:
- Bus: You can take a bus from Kannur Airport to Kannur city center. From there, you can find buses that travel to Kanhangad or nearby areas. Inform the bus conductor about your destination as Ranipuram is located near Kanhangad. You can then take a local bus or hire an auto-rickshaw from Kanhangad to reach Ranipuram.
- Train: Kannur has a railway station, and you can take a train from Kannur to Kanhangad Railway Station. From there, you can hire an auto-rickshaw or take a local bus to reach Ranipuram.
It's advisable to check the current schedules and availability of public transportation options, as they may vary. Additionally, consider the traffic conditions and plan your trip accordingly. Ranipuram is a scenic hill station in Kasaragod district, and local residents can provide you with further guidance on reaching Ranipuram from the airport.
Other DestinationsView All
Nestled in the Western Ghats, the peak Paithalmala is a wonderful destina...
Theyyam is a traditional ritualistic performance art form that originated...
Explore Asia's longest drive-in beach...
Discover the grandeur of Arakkal Museum...
Indulge in the authentic taste of Malabar...
St. Angelo Fort
Experience the triangular laterite fort...
A perfectly maintained destination in Kannur...
One of the most important European trading centers of Kerala....
Parassinikkadavu Snake Park
The park houses a variety of snakes and other small animals,...
Kavvayi Backwaters is the third largest backwater in Kerala...
Ezhimala Beach and Hill
The sea curves around three sides of the seven peaked Ezhimala hills....
Bekal fort was not an administrative centre and does not include any pala...
Ananthapura Lake Temple
The only lake temple in Kerala, is a picturesque temple erected in the mi...
Ooty of Kerala offers a rip-roaring trekking experience...
The stunning waterfall appears to be a sparkling stream of white pearls a...
Talakaveri, the place where river Kaveri originates is situated on a hil...